Sunday, August 22, 2010

Prying


(to Roy Orbison's Crying)

Lid was on tight
Salsa mild
For a while
I was riled
So I put up a fight
I used an iron spike
And no ‘pop’ for chip explore

And my hand did swell
As jar repelled

But I kept prying
But no use
Prying
Wouldn’t loose

And I bled
Prolonged
Nothing handy
Like a saw
Or claws for prying

Used lard
My frying pan
Tried to crush
With sedan
But I kept prying

I used grenades
And quite a few
When they blew
Food flew
I got my neighbor’s sore
With the flames galore
And singeing their small Shih Tzu

Heard the sirens scream
As they questioned me

Crying
I was doomed
Crying
All I do

From dusk
Till dawn
The bars
I’m pulling on

I’m still prying
Griping
Whining
Yeah, sighing
Pining
Over food.

Copyright 2010 Warren Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment